To outline the current and future training policies and regulations of ICAO, EASA and National Regulators.
To identify the current and future needs of air transport and the amount and quality of training that will be required.
To identify gaps in what the regulators demand in terms of training and what are the actual needs of the air transport industry.
To suggest methods of better coordination, between regulators, the training industry, aviation stakeholders and academic institutions.
To stress the importance of regional cooperation as regards training and education.
To highlight the importance of technology in training.
09.00-10.00: OPENING SESSION
- Welcoming remarks:
- Alessio Quaranta – Director General of Ente Nationale Aviatione Civile –ENAC, Italy, Chairman of the Conference
- Raymond Benjamin – Interim Chairman of EATEO
- Iacovos Papadopoulos – Chairman of Flight Safety Foundation – Mediterranean - FSF-MED
- Marlene Mellena – Executive Assistant and HR Focal Point (On behalf of the Director of the Joint Aviation Authorities Training Organisation - JAA TO - P. Almeida)
- Christos Petrou – Interim CEO of European Association of Aviation Training and Education Organisations - EATEO, Conference coordinator
- Key-note address:
- HE. Mr. Nicos Anastasiades - President of the Republic of Cyprus
10.00 – 10.30 : COFFEE BREAK
10.30 – 11.30: SESSION ONE / Global and European Policies and Regulations on training
- Luis Fonseca de Almeida – Regional Director of ICAO/ EUR-NAT Office
- Salvatore Sciacchitano – Executive Secretary of ECAC
- Peter Bombay - Deputy Head of Unit, Directorate General for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE), European Commission
11.30 – 11.50 : COFFEE BREAK
11.50 -13.10 : SESSION TWO / The need of global and regional cooperation in training / The role of EATEO
- Sarantis Poulimenakos - Manager of Technical Assistance Programme, ICAO / EUR-NAT Office
- Shawky El Azab - Council Member of the African Association of Aviation Training Organisations – AATO
- Joel Feldschuh – Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority of Israel – CAAI
- Erik Merckx – Member of the EATEO Interim Executive Committee
13.10 - 14.40 : LUNCH
14.40- 16.00 : SESSION THREE / Future Development of air transport and the challenges in training needs.
- Hendrik Dermont – Deputy Head of the Institute of Air Navigation – EUROCONTROL
- Giancarlo Buono – Regional Director of Safety and Flight Operations Europe, International Air Transport Association – IATA
- John Webster – Senior Manager, Global Training, Airport Council International – ACI
- Hans Plets - Head of International Relations, BELGOCONTROL Belgium
16.00 – 16.15 : COFFEE BREAK
16.15-17.45 : SESSION FOUR / Developing the training regulations/ Are they based on real needs?/ Should the aviation industry and training institutions be more involved?
- Eric Schoonderwoerd - Business Delevoper & Strategist - Joint Aviation Authorities Training Organisation-JAA TO
- David Kocher - Deputy Head of Training, SKYGUIDE Switzerland
- Alessandro Cardi - ENAC Italy
- Athenoula Panagides - Department of Civil Aviation of Cyprus
09.00 - 10.20 : SESSION FIVE /Best practices in training / Do they exist? / Who should determine them? /Can civil aviation learn from Military Training?
- Paul Bugeac - Head of Training Centre, ROMATSA Romania
- Odysseas Lounglos – Training Manager, AEGEAN AIRLINES
- Panagiotis Poligenis – LUFTHANSA Training
- Ilias Panagopoulos - Safety Manager - NATO Airlift Management Programme
10.20 – 10.40 : COFFEE BREAK
10.40- 12.00 : SESSION SIX / Need to enhance interface of Universities and Research Centres with Industry.
- Steve Scott - Lecturer in Aviation Management, University of Coventry
- Professor Bijan Vasigh - Air Transport Research Society – ATRS / Embry riddle Aeronautical University
- Maria Boile - Head of Unit, Hellenic Centre of Research and Technology – CERTH
- Dr. Ch. Sergiou - Head of Examinations, IKAROS Aviation Centre
12.00 – 13.00 : CLOSING SESSION
- Questions and Answers
13.00 -14.30 : LUNCH