INSTITUTIONAL AND MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE
EATEO will have the following Institutional structure:
General Assembly (GA)
Location and time
The GA shall meet at least once per year at an agreed location and time. At least 30 days in advance of the meeting of the GA, Members will receive a written invitation, which will include the agenda.
No less than 2 weeks in advance of the date of the meeting of the GA, Members may propose items to be included in the agenda.
The GA shall:
- Approve the agenda.
- Receive nominations for elections for the Executive Committee, at least fourty (40) days before the meeting of the GA and elect members of the Executive Committee.
- Appoint an external auditor.
- Endorse the reports and financial statements from the previous year.
- Approve the budget for the current year.
- Approve applicable membership fees.
- Approve amendments of the present articles of association.
- Approve any other business.
The Executive Committee may call an extraordinary meeting of the GA or at least 20% of the members so request in writing. The Executive Committee is obliged to organize such an extraordinary meeting within four weeks of such request. In the event that the executive Committee does not meet the member’s request, the members themselves can call an extraordinary meeting, appointing their own Chairman and Secretary of the meeting.
Quorum and Voting
Fourty (40%) per cent of the Members shall constitute a quorum. Observers shall have no voting rights,
Decisions may be taken by absolute majority of votes cast, which is half the votes cast plus one.
No proxy vote is allowed.
Executive Committee (EC)
Composition and organization
The Executive Committee shall be composed as follows:
- A Chairman elected by the GA.
- Five Members, elected by majority of all the members.
Candidates to the position of members of the Executive Committee must:
- Justify their ability to represent the aviation training and education sector.
- Declare their commitment to make available the time and resources required during the term of office
Members of the Executive Committee shall be elected for a term of two years and they may be re-elected for another term. In the event that a member of the Executive committee resigns or is removed, a new member will be elected on the basis of the procedure outlines above.
Four sixths (4/6) of the Executive committee shall constitute a quorum. Decisions require approval of a majority of the Executive Committee members present. In case of equality of votes, the vote of the Chairman shall count twice. The Executive Committee may take decisions by correspondence, provided all members agree this procedure unanimously.
A member of the Executive Committee may be removed from office in case of serious breach of duties associated with the status of Executive Committee member. Removal requires a majority decision of 75% of the Executive Committee, to be validated by the General Assembly.
The Executive Committee shall:
- Elect its Chairman
- Oversee and control the CEO’s management of the business, funds and property of EATEO, as well as approve the external auditor’s audit report on the Organisation’s accounts.
- Approve the CEO’s duty statement and emoluments.
- Propose the Agenda for the meeting of the General Assembly.
- Recommend to the General Assembly the membership fees and the time to be paid.
- Examine and approve applications for membership.
- Appoint the CEO and approve his proposals for other employees.
- Execute any other competency given by these Articles or the General Assembly.
- Meet as frequent as necessary.
- The Executive Committee may issue mandates to individuals to represent EATEO and its members towards third parties.
- Each mandate must be related to specific issue and its contents, scope and limits must be clearly defined. The Executive committee shall define and implement appropriate monitoring and reporting arrangements to ensure that all mandates are fulfilled correctly.
The main function of the CG, is to discuss and agree on common views, common needs, common conclusions, recommendations and actions, which will be presented to relevant bodies in ICAO, EASA, ECAC, etc. through the Executive Committee.
- Each Member and each Observer can delegate one person to participate to the Consultation Group.
- It will have a Chairman, elected by the members of the Consultation Group and a Secretary appointed by the CEO from the office staff.
- The CG will meet as frequently as necessary. The meetings could be held either in Cyprus or elsewhere. The Chairman together with the Secretary will prepare the agenda and working papers of the meetings. Every participant can suggest agenda items.
- CG meetings will be formally minuted with Conclusions, and if/when required Recommendations and Actions.
Although the CG will try to agree by consensus amongst it participants, voting might be required in exceptional cases. Each Member will have one vote, Observers do not have voting right. Decisions from voting are on the basis of 51% of the votes. In case of equal votes, the Chair will have a deciding vote.
CEO and Office
- The CEO will attend all meetings of the Executive Committee, unless otherwise decided.
- The CEO is responsible for implementing the decisions of the Executive Committee and for the management of the Office. The Executive Committee appoints the CEO for renewable terms of 3 years.
- The Executive Committee decides the conditions of employment of the CEO.
In addition to the CEO, the office will consist initially of another three persons with experience in office administration, international coordination, writing of formal papers and meeting minutes, preparation of e-newsletters and website development and maintenance. These persons will be selected by the CEO. The CEO has the discretion to seek the assistance of external experts, if he considers this necessary in carrying out his duties effectively.